Re: Ubuntu

I'm agreeing with @tward here on vinux. I first used vinux in 2008 on vmware, but once ubuntu 9.04 came out, and I had had quite enough with windows, me running on windows xp at that time decided to switch, whent with ubuntu. Yes yes, I know, ubuntu 9.04 had a lot of instibilities, but once properly fixt, the responce was a grate leap over ubuntu 8.10, and ubuntu 9.10, despite being a complete failure with media play back, improved on speech support. Ubuntu 10.04 was just one of though's got everything right releases. Vinux was their, and if I remember correctly, a lot of pulseaudio fixes were ported to ubuntu 10.04, and these fixes, for the most part, stayed with ubuntu. In though's days, i'd happyly tell a new user vinux was the best and to get it for starting out. However, now adays, I don't even use it. Its miles behind the compitition, and accessibility in ubuntu has improved so much that vinux has saddly, become out of date. Sonar however, that' s dephanatly an operating system i'd consider using, if my externnel drive actually worked, seeing as I don't have any blank dvd's and I stopt using dvd's a while ago anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cbenner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector