Re: lets erge microsoft to develop a fully functional screen reader!

Hi.

Regarding lack of sound drivers, why not? Why can't they put sound drivers for the most common PC hardware into the Windows PE or what ever is launched when you boot up a Windows image. Don't tell me Microsoft can't do this. If Brian Smart made a talking Windows PE disk with NVDA working, what is so hard about putting some sound drivers and a copy of narrator into the install to help you format your drive and do what ever else you need to do? Seriously, why hasn't this happened? Again, you can't tell me that the all mighty Microsoft with god knows how many resources can't do this. If nothing else in terms of accessibility improvements is made, this needs to be the thing that gets put in. Also, the sound driver issue really isn't a problem if you're using a virtual machine or a USB sound card or what ever.

Moving along, why are the Microsoft voices so laggy? I don't understand because they don't sound extremely high quality. Yet, Sam, Mike, Mary, and Anna were more responsive.
Finally, does anyone know what the give positive and negative feedback commands do in the tech preview?

I know this is going to sound weird, but I haven't been this excited about Windows in a long time. I think I've gotten excited because a. We saw improvements in narrator in Windows 8, even though 8 was a flop. b. We also saw Microsoft put narrator into Windows Phone 8.1. So, at this stage, I'm hopeful that if they continue to do what they are doing, we may have a usable screen reader out of the box. Of course, I could be completely wrong, in which case I'll just crawl back to OS X. Actually, I don't think I would use Windows as a primary OS, I just want to see some truly native accessibility that is useful. Sorry if this sounded a little harsh, but these are just my thoughts/opinions.