Re: Is Learning 2 Programming languages at once possible?

I'm same as Danny: I've adjusted to purebasic, and won't be going anyware soon. Perhaps, when I finish my game, I'll check out BGT, or perhaps pyaudiogame, though the latter is highly unlikely because again, I don't like the indentions facter.
  However, though purebasic suits me well, I can point a few flaws out with it: the array thing as danny said. As far as I know it's impossible to pack files into an executable, which can be rather bothersome in applications that utilize files that can, but preferably shouldn't, be modified.
@guitarman working with arrays in pb can get cumbersome at times. Look at this example where I try to access a random element in the array:
players(random(ArraySize(players()), 1)). In other words, when you really start working with arrays like that, you'll have to be very careful. Also, the clipboard can come in handy, especially if you have to write similar lines of code repeatedly.
Anoth er hard examples of arrays, where I access a piece of the race track that corresponds with a player's Y coordinate.
Track(players(1)\y)
will access track array index 0 if the player's y is 0, 1 if it's 1, etc.
Also, depending on the way you program your game or whatever, you could just as well end up with 5 nested if statements: it's happened to me before.
However, please note that when you perform errors in your code, the debugger is very helpful at diagnosing app crashes and the compiler will give you relatively English-like explanations of your error.
  If anything, wouldn't purebasic be similar to things like vb, free basic, or something? Those are basic languages.
At Danny yes it's a basic language, but pb might be similar to C as far as features and libraries goes, that doesn't necessarily mean sintax.
PS. It's funny you mention the Christian thing, guitarman. I was saved on January 4, 2015... so y eah I am! It's only been for 2 months though. Anyways I'll pray for you

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector