Re: echo location?

The first time I noticed this was walking down a street clicking my cane on the sidewalk. It was a telephone pole. Even inside a house, our shoes ore even bare feet make a quiet sound that bounces off walls. Our ears can detect the difference of a sound below us rather than above as the sound source above us makes two sounds. The first directly from the source and the second an echoes off the shoulders.