Re: Is Learning 2 Programming languages at once possible?

This is why I like python so much. The concepts in python are very very very well named, there is one way to do things and when you read people's code, you know what you will see.
It is also very logical.
For a variable you do:
f = 25
to add to f you do
a = f + 10
to make a function you do:
def function_name(thing_to_pass):
    print(thing_to_pass)
Then to call it do:
function_name(a)
To define a list it is:
my_list = []
to add an item to a list it is
my_list.append(a)
and to access an item in the list you just say the cardinal number:
z = my_list[0]
Now z and a are the same!
It is beautiful and there is no need for return statements, typing or (when you get into classes), pointers.
There are also more libraries in python than I know what to do with.
If ever I need a new library and there is the library I want in C or C++, I can write a wrapper for it.

As for indenting:
NVDA and Jaws both have support for tab characters.
So put \t (the symbol for tab) in your screen reader and do a replace all function in people's code then you hear something like:
def my_func():
tab print("hello world")

There is no forgetting braces, it is a matter of selecting a huge chunk of code and hitting shift+tab to unindent code in EdSharp and frankly, once you get used to it, you only check indentation with code online once or twice in a huge script and that is when they have bad coding practice.
There is something called pep 8 in python so all python code is laid out the same.
You can break it, but every developer tries to follow it as pep 8 results in the cleanest and easiest to read code.

I do admit that I break pep 8 a little, There are rules like:
never use l as a variable or label all global variables in capitals or import everything on its own line, or using tabs instead of spa ces,
But for the first 2 it doesn't do any good with a screen reader and for the last 2, having 15 lines of imports is just crazy (although if you have 15 lines of imports you've got other problems). And the tabbing makes python 100000000000000000 times easier to read.
There is a reason why python is the programming language for new programmers.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dranelement via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector