Re: Let's Discuss Everything About Star Trek

Hmmm, probably a personality thing there Danny. While I admit I don't find watching tv as compulsive or as absorbing as reading, if it is a good series with interesting  plot,  setting, characters etc I'm quite content to sit and watch for a  while, indeed  I was just  introducing my dad to the classic fourth doctor story The Sunmakers, which we watched all two hours of quite happily.

I do find I have less patience with Tv (even on an awsomely good series like several parts of startrek), I can only manage about 3-4 hours at most and sometimes far less), I also find that I can do without watching any tv at all, where as I couldn't live without reading/audio dramas, (if I don't read for at least half an hour a day and usually far more I feel like something is missing and wrong in my life).

Still I suspect this is a personality thing.

Interestingly enough a sighted friend of mine feels the same way about tv vs books/au dio dramas, she watches! tv series (she's a fan of startrek though also loves comedies), but can't live without reading, so I don't think this is as much a sight thing as it is a mind thing, sinse obviously when your reading or listening to audio your not spoon fed with all the relevant details and your imagination is far freer due to the perceptions being indirect.

In fact I just had a highly interesting experience of that sinse I was at a concert featuring a peace called "godzilla eats las Vegas" said to be a soundtrakc for a movie that had never been made. Apparently there were pictures in the program but obviously I didn't get those, and yet I had no trouble telling what was going on from the music, and several bits made me laugh for just how well they were depicted, like Godzilla munching his way through las Vegas caborays, or when he's finally defeated by the Us army and falls to the ground, after the epic celibratory ending there was a clear sting indicating that he would be back! big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector