Re: PS4 accessibility features

I've been thinking about this a little. I think the ps4 being able to read game menus might not be very difficult at all. The ps4 isn't a touch screen device, and really the only way to move around the game menus is with arrows. I don't know much about how the ps4 works from a programming perspective, but this makes me think that each item in the menu is a different element. This means that theoretically, all sony would need to do is give individual developers the ability to give parts of their game text labels that are sent to whatever tts engine they're using. I'm not sure how accuate this speculation is, but who knows. It might not be that far off, guys! I can say that for me, the ability to even navigate the menus of the system itself is a huge step forwards, and I think things can only improve from here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Razor49 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death_rattlehead via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mario navarro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mario navarro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dranelement via Audiogames-reflector