Re: Monthly chat March 2015

Glad you're beginning to feel better, Dark.

I agree with you about Fahrenheit 451.  I read it in high school, and again a year or two ago, and I wasn't overly impressed.  That was the only Bradbury thing I had read up to that point, so it wasn't the best first impression.  But I read the short story collection, "Driving Blind", and I liked it much better.  He surprised me in his ability to be scary, nostalgic, poignant, and profound all at the same time.  The martian Chronicles is on my list next.

Terry Pratchett is another one on my to-read list.  No matter how much I read, it seems like I never catch up with all the authors I want to discover.  It's a great problem to have though!

Speaking of science fiction, does anybody have opinions about the www .wake series, about the blind girl who gets her sight, but sees the internet instead of the real world.  A lot of blind people seem to hate it, b ut I thought it was a pretty interesting concept, and seeing the internet as a living entity broke my mind in a good way.

The Maze Runner movie definitely isn't equal to the book, but it's fun to watch it on described video and see it come to life.