Re: What Was the First AudioGame you Ever played?

My situation is pretty unique, being that both of my parents are almost totally blind,
and I actually am.

The first audio games I remember, from around the age of 4 or 5, were some of the games from the UK Audio Network, and early versions of Pack Man Talks from PCS Games, that my dad used to play sometimes on weekends when he was off shift from the call center he worked at.  He'd let me listen to him play, and sometimes he'd show me how.

I also remember playing trucker, golf, and mock 1, with trucker being my favorite of the three, when I was 7 or 8, but I can't remember which one I played by my self for the first time.  Either way it was at almost the same time that I started figuring them all out anyway.

Later on, when I was 9 or 10 I started to play games like Dark Destroyer, Supershot, baseball and NFL, and I also started to play against my dad, using my first computer, on Topspeed over the local network, and Monopoly by sharing each side of the keyboard.  I also remember trying to beat each others scores on Sonic Invaders, with only the desktop speakers, and no headphones.

Damn it's cool having parents only 20 years older than you... big_smile

I can remember going to summer camp around that time as well, and learning about SCW, Super Liam, rail racer, and other payed games from a pair of kids there at OSB, which I started to ask for as birthday and Christmas presents.

Some of those memories are the most fond I have of my dad actually, playing games in the summer in Oregon, as well as later, in Gresham, having water gun fights and picnics, watching the fireworks on the forth of July and such.

God, how time passes you by, I feel like an old man pining for times long gone, when everything made sense and feeling alive came easy, because e ven though there were problems, you were too young and ignorant to ask about them much, but that's a world of difference from how it is now, And I'm only 19...  sad