Nvda 2015.1 and the eloquence addon plus some other questions

Ahoy all.
I have tried nvda off and on sinse 2012 and it is my backup screenreader in case I don't have access to jaws or jaws decides to have a fit. recently I decided that I would learn to use nvda a bit more, in depth  as it were.
Having been using jaws sinse I started using computers I'm quite used to eloquence, and so I almost always use nvda with eloquence too as I'm more comfortable with it.
Now here's the trouble. I downloaded the latest stable version of nvda 2015.1 , and Installed the eloquence addon from jef's website. When I first switched the sinths, I got an error and it stayed with its default sinth on trying a second time, it did switch to eloquence, but the eloquence with nvda at least seems to lag, I.E I'm reading a line and before that line is finished I press down arrow to read another line. it'll continue to read the same line a few words more then go on to the second line.
When I try to change setti ngs I.E speed language etc, I cannot seem to do that either. Anyone of you experienced this? and if yes, is there a way to fix these issues or another version of the eloquence addon,perhaps?
I have also been trying to get into the nvda addon folder by installing bt sync but the latest version doesn't seem to be accessible do any of you have a older setup with you that you could upload.
Thanks
grryf