Re: Have I just killed my Apex?

Well, a similar thing happened to my Apex recently, and nothing I've tried has brought it back.
I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where I was unable to connect to the internet. While troubleshooting the problem, seeing whether it had something to do with my computer rather than the router or my ISP (I had reinstalled Windows a couple of days before that), I decided I would see if my Apex could connect wirelessly. It didn't, so I switched it off and thought nothing more of it. But I forgot to turn the wifi off before I did that. When I turned the Apex back on, nothing happened. I just got a blank display. It's been that way ever since. I've done every reset there is. It goes through two or three boot cycles. The counter on the right hand side of the display does eventually get up to 61, and it acts like it's going to boot, but instead of playing the Keysoft startup sound, it plays this other, far too pleasant for the circumstance sound, which I ass ume is an error of some sort, but the display remains blank after that. Pressing any key or combination of keys at that point just gives me a different error sound.
It's beyond frustrating, because it seems obvious to me that the OS has become corrupt. And if this were any other OS, I could format it and get on with my life. But because it's proprietary, I'm supposed to shell out a crapload of money that I don't have just so I can have a working Braille display? I don't think so.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : speeder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector