Re: Audio Game Console Sonus Interactive

Thank you CAE_Jones for you very in depth comments. You have given me plenty to think over and I greatly appreciate it.

There are not dedicated directional buttons on the Sonus but that isn't to say a game developer can't assign some. The Sonus was design with a more responsive game play approach in mind, so platform side scrollers could be challenging to develop.

There would be a way to allow the player to walk around an open world if a grid approach was applied. Imagine being stood in a field, you can hear the wind and trees rustling etc and you know you need to go into the woods . You would press the button designated to move you to the direction of the rustling, say if the sound came from your right, you would press the button to move right until the sound was closer to you. Each time moving a grid piece closer to the rustling sound.

When including directional buttons it can be a problem beca use it leaves less buttons available for other functions, but that's not to say buttons cant be used for more than one function. The buttons could turn into attack and defend buttons when an enemy is encountered.

There are a lot of possibilities to explore and it can depend a lot on who makes the game.

As for game development and taking in mind what CAE_Jones mentioned in another post in the development room, I believe the more people working on games the better. The Sonus is an unknown game console and I I don't just want to build a product I also want a community to follow with it. Keeping it all to myself would be selfish if it really takes off and people enjoy it.

I have developed a very rough development kit so far that I have just been using to create little test games (if you can call them that at all) but it is very buggy and not user-friendly in the slightest. Hopefully this will all change in the future to come however.

I am go ing to try to set up a youtube channel to demonstrate what game play may be like on the Sonus, I understand no one quite knows what to expect so I will create a representation of how the grid based moving around could work and maybe also make a little fight scene so people can see the action based side as well. These won't be actual games however, just representations of what the Sonus could produce as games.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector