Clasic Troopanum and windows 7?

Hi all,
I don't know if anyone still plays this thing anymore, I highly doubt it! But anyway, I've been trying to get it to work for the arcade soon, but I'm getting various errors.
What I mean is the following. When I first installed clasic troopanum, AVG told me that the EXE of the game itself (not the installer), was a threat. I told AVG to ignore it, and continued on with my happy life.  When going to play the game, however, I get the same alert from AVG, as well as the following:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Classic Troopanum\troop.exe Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
I've tried running in administrator, with the same result. I also installed the 1.6 patch thinggy, which seemed to fix nothing, at least in regards to this problem.
Any ideas? Anything would be appreciated!