Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

To clarify, in case people were getting the wrong ideas: I clearly stated I wasn't slamming the developer. remember guys, just cause someone doesn't like something or believes it's the same stuff we've been getting for years, does not mean they are slamming the developer. I'm simply expressing my opinion. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my message, let me try and explain:

spending money isn't the problem. I'd happily pay $60 for a game. as an example: I own a Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, and PS Vita, as well as older consoles like PS2. I also have all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero titles, as well as peripherals, which cost a lot more than this game. I purchased Mortal Kombat X a few weeks ago for $60. so you see, even though I don't have unlimited funds, spending money isn't necessarily the issue here. gaming is my passion, and I'll gladly make sacrifices and spend money on something I enjoy so much. What bugs me is this way many audio game devs have of using false advertising to make their game sound more interesting than anything that came before, by using phrases like, "An exciting, first person shooter action RPG audiogame", when they clearly know it isn't. I played the game up to level 8 and I thought, man this is awesome! I'm such a gangsta! I'm over here killing enemies, leveling up my chars, bet as I level up, I'll have all sorts of new missions and areas open up to me, where I can conduct awesome robbery scenerrios and have some fun with my large gang of thugs and tons of unlockable content. So I buy the game, and as I play I notice, ok these same cops I've been fighting all this time are getting harder and harder for no reason at all. I realize that, I would've achieved the same result with the demo, simply by playing levels 1 through 8 over and over and adding up all the XP, and pretending I reached level 100 or whatever level I wanna get to. I also notice there&# 039;s no logic to spawning patterns. you'd figure enemies wouldn't even appear out of nowhere, that they'd come through the door, but nope, they just appear in seemingly random numbers. then I realize, ok, where do I purchase guns? is the only way for me to feel like I'm actually accomplishing anything is to kill wave upon wave of enemies till new weapons become available?

Let's now tackle the AI. is there much point in having AI? what do they do exactly? all they're doing is killing a couple enemies, getting hurt or jailed themselves, and charging me tons of money for the little work they are doing. They don't even try to exit the level as their health decreases! in fact, I never even notice them using meds. What on earth? As it stands right now, I think I'll just let them all starve and solo levels myself, cause there's no reason for me to keep them around, and I'll be richer as a result. hahaa.

So to conclude, reason I'm annoyed? because this game just feels like countless other audio games. run around a small area, shoot random enemies that get powerful overtime, while at the same time giving the player nothing to show for their efforts. Now granted yes I know this is the first release, and maybe in the future we'll have this awesome patch coming out that'll fix these shortcomings, as well as add new areas to explore, new enemy types, new weapons and balancing, revamped trashing system, better AI, etc, but you see, that is rarely the case with audio games. From my experience, what most devs end up doing is, release this game that feels more like a paid beta release, charge the gamers, then never touch the game again. maybe they'll release a 1MB patch a few weeks later with a couple small tweaks, but that's it. That game is done. What's even worse, is games with scoreboards that never get reset. The biggest exception to this rule is Jeremy, AKA Aprone. that guy com es out with an RPG action game, I'd gladly pay $60 for it, cause I know I'll get what was advertised, and much more.

I laugh whenever I see that after 4 or 5 years, a dev decides to release a game as freeware, cause it's essentially abandonware and no longer being supported. What most people don't realize is, that game has been abandonware since the first day of its release, we just weren't told until now. Look at Bavisoft for instance, can yall honestly tell me those games aren't abandonware and have been for many years? Do we need official confirmation, and a freeware release to tell us this?

Was Psycho Strike's music great? yes. voice acting great? it was outstanding! Is there no variety to the game, and did we get a ton of false advertising that made the game sound like a Grand Theft Auto clone of sorts? that, is also a resounding yes, and this is where I'm disappointed.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jworld via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sir powl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheOnlyPKMNmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vsmiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetruegamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector