Re: A Modern Day Comparison of JAWS and NVDA

I'm all for NVDA, the only thing is that it takes them a while to get support in for certain things. It is workable on systems which do not have decent specs to run the behemoth JAWS. I also like NVDA's object / document / screen review modes far over JAWS' different cursors, although I cannot speak about the touch cursor as the latest version of Jaws I've used is 14, however, some people say they get the metro apps working with the touch cursor which is cool and which is also a weakness of NVDA, piss poor accessibility with the metro apps, which doesn't bother me because I don't use them. I feel that FS has really been off their game, well, for a good long time and just is not keeping up with the times, although, there is the arguement of well, what do you want the screenreaders to do.

I'm on NVDA and would not use jaws if given to me or if i had like enough money to buy it without sweating the cost, I'd donate to NVDA because I think they deserve it more.