Re: Monthly chat May 2015

Glad people is using this topic.

@Cae,  agreed on  Ios and net browsing,  much as I love vo and the touch screen interface for many things,  using the internet is not one of them, the way it handles even standard stuff like dropdowns and labeled images is just screwy for some reason. It's odd, the choiceofgames titles are all fairly standard html and I can play those fine, but on even comparatively normal websites like here I never find things work well, let alone crazier ones (I once attempted to play core exiles on my phone which didn't work out).

With Frozen, I can't say compared to the hype sinse as I said before all the barrage of superhero blockbusters and such has pretty much soured me on popular opinions of hollywood, especially with how most major action films these days tend to come out, get a huge wave of acclaim and then fall off the map almost entirely. Also with disney particularly I have not especially enjoyed much of their pixar cg runaround stuff anyway, and even in 2009 with The Frog Prince which was supposedly an attempt to go back to a traditionally animated disney musical the thing felt rather flat over all and more like a box ticking exercise than as if anyone really cared. that was why frozen surprised me, my expectations weren't exactly high. They weren't low either, I didn't go in expecting to hate the film (sinse generally speaking if you begin expecting to hate  something you will), I just wasn't prepared for something with the  writing quality and emotional woomf! Of course also bare in mind I am a fan of both musicals and classic style disneys anyway. For someone who isn't, I don't know how much affect it'd have.

@Tom, I've not run across Steve Berry before, what sort of thing does he do? Also I have to say I'm always impressed at anyone who can play anything with strings big_smile.

@Arq, I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend that sounds horribly painful even if the watching films and spending time bit sounds nice.

Yesterday evening I had  one of my more random friends turn up, cook venison casserol and invite one of his friends who we both refer to as gandalf, sinse he's a doctor of divinity with a long white beerd, a liking for red wine and a definite interest and knolidge of old languages and legends. He's quite a fascinating chap, and I actually do wish I'd recorded him speaking the old welsh Legend of the giant Bran the blessed, which was completely awsome!

Also my friend did his usual amount of insanity/generosity and bought several bottles of goodness knows how expensive wine, plus port which was great he also bought me as a present about £70 worth of chocolates, which is wonderful if a bit mad (though most of them I'm saving for his next visit to share with him).

Even though I held to my usual practice and partook of the wine in sparing quantities, (I've actually never had a hang over or been too drunk to remember what I was doing sinse I always reach a distinct stopping point when i know I've had enough, the fact we were all up until two Am did mean I've been a little on the dead side today, principley continuing with the wheel of time stuff, but hay it's a Sunday and there's nothing major on the shedule, ---- well nothing accept god knows how much washing up and cleaning of my kitchin, sinse though he is a fantastic chef, my friend does have an unfortunate tendency to use every single utensil I own and turn my kitchin into a disaster areaa, still it's usually worth it.