Re: Anybody here interested in Stenography?

Hi Steve,
I forgot to mention that there is a free and open-source programme that you can try. I don't have a direct link to it right now, but if You Google 'Plovr Steno Project' click on the first result. If you have trouble downloading it let me know. It's supposed to work with QWERTY keyboards, but they recommend you use a gaming keyboard with N-Key-rollover, or NKRO. This basically allows you to press multiple keys at once, since keyboards send a type of code rather than the character being pressed. That's why it's easy to change keyboard layouts without having to change any hardware components.
I have questioned the theory behind stenography myself, and not having come up with the answer is frustrating, especially since r and B can't possibly make the sh sound. I almost think it was meant to be written in such a way that certain people could read it. I'd have to look this up in more detail. Also, there's another type of c horded keyboard called the Velotype or Vorbate. It's supposed to print out syllables, instead of sounds and phrases.