Re: Monthly chat May 2015

I haven't actually seen the series, it is one of the few problems of not owning a tv, I miss random episodes of stuf, next t series (other than ongoing buffiness), is game of thrones season 5, well when my brother and I have finished attack on titan which  we will do this sunday.

I also have to say I still rather like the original transformers from the 80's, sinse while the plots aren't always the best written plots, one thing I do notice is that just like a lot of series from that time, the plot/action ratio is quite surprising. Indeed, I would never call the original Heman and the masters of the universe an astoundingly well written series (even when compared to thins at the time like dungeons and dragons), however when I've seen it now the ratio of actual progressive story to action sequences is quite astounding, even if the story isn't exactly eep or complex.

I know it souns like I have a downer on action, but I really don't. I can think of several sequences I still love, from the alien attack in aliens to the light saber battles in starwars, and the initial smith fight from the original matrix film, not to mention the awsome mill wheel sword fight from pirates of the carribian, and of course that is not to speak of various anime from Guran lagan to Elfen Leid, (oh god! anything! but that, sinse in Elfin the action is also pure evil!), heck I even liked some of the fights in dragon ball z (at least until they started lasting 20 episodes).

However as I said previously, action with point! Indeed, with action I often feel hollywood is going for quantity rather than quality.