a forum search function

Recently, I've been having to dig up old topics to update them with new information.  However, in General game discussions for example, the amount of updated topics daily swamps the older ones.

This got me to thinking  - whould it be possible to add a forum search function (just an edit box int he middle of the page to just type your query in)?  If thisalready exists it should be available on every room of the forum (general, new releases, off-topic, developers etc) so that people can find what they want with far greater ease than is currently the case.