Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

Interesting points so far.  Again, let's use BK3 as an example.  That game's sounds aren't all professional quality sounds, yet I am amazed by the sheer amount of content and complexity.  I spent many hours playing that game, and I still have yet to complete it.
Arjan, your supposition regarding money, and how it would affect development, is flawed when you consider the following:
1.  The developer of BK3 was at a young age when he coded BK2, slightly older for BK3, but I certainly would tend to believe that he was not rich.  I highly doubt that he had thousands of dollars to throw into game development, sounds, etc.
2.  Despite the lack of money he had to work with in terms of budgeting for his game, he managed to create an amazing title, and let's not forget that he did it 100% solo.  This says to me that it is possible to create a game worth something even when you live on a tight budget, and you have a one o r two man development crew.
3.  Despite the fact that his games are some of the best I have ever seen in terms of content and quality, despite the fact that he could easily have charged prices that would rival mainstream games on the market today, (whitch I would have gladly paid), they are available completely free to all.
4.  Shadow Line is yet another example of this.  Solo developer who I am 99% certain is not rich, yet the game is amazing in complexity, content, and overall quality.  And guess what?  Again, despite the fact that he could easily charge mainstream prices, it is available completely free.
5.  You spoke of numbers of copies that are sold.  Did it not occur to you or to the developers in the U.S. that perhaps if they put the same quality and content, showed the same love, for their projects as did the two above examples, copies selling would most definitely not be an issue?  I would be willing to state with a ra ther large degree of certainty that many people would have gladly paid for the BK titles, and SR as well.
While it is true that the above-referenced games don't have the most professional sounds, I will take quality of gameplay and content over that any day of the week, hands down.  It's hard for me to believe that this doesn't occur to U.S. developers.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : synchronfreak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector