Re: Your-adventure beta 1 released nonvisiongames

Hi.

Okay I've given this a try. first, I definitely like the setup with the music and menus used for travel, and the descriptions albeit I do agree that maybe a little checking of the descriptions might help the game improve the atmosphere.

first, I encountered one miner bug, when eating bread the game says "you eat one delicious baked salmon" which is obviously incorrect. I'd also suggest having a command to alter sapi voice speed, sinse while it is doable via the control panel it's easier within the game.

Now, my issue at the moment with how the fishing and harvesting work is that there isn't much interaction, you just set something going and wait to see if you get lucky or not, which doesn't really incline me to play more of the game. there are three different ways to go to fix this. either firstly, putting in more random consequences with the skills that your player needs to take note of, such as being attacked or being ab le to hav random things happen like finding different fish, pulling up a shark etc.

Secondly, maybe some of the skills could involve a bit more to interact with, for example harvesting requires first chopping the grane then tying it into bundles, while fishing is a little more than casting a pole and waiting, usually you need to wait to see if you get a bight, then real the fish in (think how it works on Clok mud).

I would suggest myself that perhaps some skils work differently, eg, with harvesting you will harvest enough grane automatically given time and only need the command to begin tying it into bundles (perhaps with some twine for this purpose), and then have to take it to a barn and thresh it to get the grane off the stalks.

while fishing needs you to wait and watch and then make a more active decision, eg, deciding whether to give a hard, medium or soft pull on the line once the fish does bight.

Grinding flour on the other hand is! a pretty dull pr ocess meaning basically just sticking it on one mill stone and waiting for the wind to push the other stone around, though believe me it's more efficient than trying to do it by hand (there is a local windmill museum in nottingham where my parents live which not only has all this practical info but also lets you try it for yourself).

Baking bread from flour also takes a bit more than just grane, yeast and water for a start, though how you'd simulate this in game I am not sure.

I would also suggest that you consider adding some better uses for cooked goods, eg, restoring energy or maybe you actually do need to eat, particularly if (as I assume), you plan on adding hunting and skinning later on.

Lastly, I'd suggest perhaps thinking a bit about what sort of system in combat you want and what sort of rewards it gives, sinse right now combat isn't too interesting sinse your basically just hitting things that just do damage, although it also seems the most efficient way in the game to get gold which is most whackky.

I don't  say these things to be harsh or over crytical, I do  recognize this is still a very early betta, just as suggestions for how to make the basic activities in the game such as the crafting and resource collecting a little more interactable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LadyJuliette via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LadyJuliette via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : makesuny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : whocrazy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LadyJuliette via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector