Re: Survive the Wild!

well, guys... i realy feel myself blind with this new navigation. so that's my thoughts.
this system needs some kind of looking around keys, but not what we have now. in my head it's like in monkey business, where you have three keys which alow you to look what's right infrond, a little to the right and to the left of ya. of course you cann't see what's behind.
this looking around feature doesn't see the difference between players, surfaces, trees and other stuff, everything is just items. umm... probably instead of surfaces, the game should say like mood surface or something like that.
next, it doesn't tell it's to the left, behind, infrond etc. it gives us the range between us and the object. for example, a tree in 6 feet or 10 arrows in 15 meters.
that would be good if we will be able to track an object, doesn't matter it's player or an item. for example we give a command to track an object, and next we hear some kind of beeping sound which indicates where the object is. it stops when we cancel tracking or the object is outta view, for example a player going too far to see him.
and the last: if we have a system like this, everything making noize in real life has to make it in the game. i'm telling not about items lying on the ground or surfaces instead of flowing water, but about trees. wind in the lives will help us to orient more quickly, and i'm sure it will be useful if you run from someone and you need to find a tree fast for hiding there.
i have many many thoughts about game sound design, about the island map, cuz i like not all of quadrants, i think not all of them is where and how they have to be. northeast as an example. there are lives everywhere, like it's always atumn there, you know. imo lives should ly only around trees, but not cover so huge territory. we have laaaarge forest on the northwest and some kind of coppice on the southeast, i think that 's enough. what if we have some hills instead of area with lives? that will be nice if only from this area we will be able to reach mountains and high clifs on the east side of the map. and that would be fun if we could fall from them to death or even break our legs big_smile but i realy love the zone with the stream clay area and as the stream dies in swamp, that looks very very nice :3
it seems i've never wrote so long posts xD just think about it sam and other people smile
and yeah, i totaly dislike this sounds characters make every few seconds... what the hell... and this bug with empty tiles above trees.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : neo_anderson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : neo_anderson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pokeboss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darth scorp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darth scorp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : adiluralbaev via Audiogames-reflector