Achaea and mapping

Hey all,
For those that play Achaea, I have a question.  How did you learn to map out places?   I know we can make landmarks, but if you fill up that first 15, you have to buy more.  I'd rather see if I could take a different approach than to immediately paying for something because their are people who don't pay a cent for this game.  So, my question is, how did you guys learn your way around?  I wish I could write up something to help me find places, however I'm coming up blank.  Everyone would be starting at different cities in the game so that wouldn't work, unless I literally walked to every room and mapped it and that would be pretty much impossible.  The reason this came up was because in my house they have a scroll for hunting.  However, a lot of the places on the scroll are not on the initial landmarks list that you're given.  So unless you have some one walk you over, you're not going to know where the place is unless you get lucky and can walk to a denison of that area but that's not always reliable.  Now I know for users of Mudlet they have a goto feature which gets them around this problem.  As far as I'm aware though, this client isn't accessible with NVDA.  If I'm wrong, some one feel free to correct me.  So, does anyone here who plays the game have any ideas on what I could try?  I don't wanna keep asking housemates or clanmembers because I feel that's breaking in character and I like to stay IC as much as I can unless I'm sending tells.  I see that their is a mudlet scroll in the VIP clan, but nobody ever seems to be on in the VIP clan unless they're hidden and I'm just not seeing them with clanwho.  If we can use Mudlet I'd love to give it a try.  Or if their's something for Mushclient, I'd try that as well.  But, I wanna solve this if I can, as their ha s to be a way and maybe with more heads thinking on it, we could come up with something.  I'm currently using VIP, but will try any suggestions for any clients.