Re: suggestions for new powerful laptop

IIRC, the XPS 13 is more of an ultrabook than a laptop. This makes a difference for you because it's designed to look badass and light, I think it also has a touchscreen, but it's also using the lower-end intel CPU's designed for low power usage. For gaming, you'll want to look at things that have at least a Core I7 and more importantly discreet graphics. While the integrated intel HD graphics are getting better they still aren't on the level of an actual graphics card. And I'd also second the suggestion to have an SSD.
Something else to consider, if you're not planning to move a lot and will be using this laptop as your primary system in one location, you will most likely be able to get a gaming desktop with much better specifications for the same price and probably won't have to deal with overheating issues...