Re: A Modern Day Comparison of JAWS and NVDA

Hi.
I am going to say what i've said before on many other topics:
I don't think i'll ever switch to nvda, because I have been a lifetime jaws user ever since 5.0, and it is more than adiquate to fit my needs. There are a few reasons why I don't like nvda:
First of all, whenever a windows program stops responding, nvda completely crashes, to the point where I sometimes have to restart my whole system or just turn jaws on to end said program.
Secondly, I don't really like how it behaves on the internet. I find it extremely hard to read some things, and I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a rapping to top or bottom feature like jaws does. Also, I think the fact that you have to download addons for nvda to unlock new features to be stupid and time consuming. Yes, I understand copyright issues, but still. Why download addons when I can get what I need and more in jaws? Is 150 or 160 mb really that big compared to these days? Not in my mind.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector