Re: forum wars, a browser rpg about trolling

Oddly enough though I obviously am a forum administrator, it isn't necessarily the forum attacking motivation that bothers me, indeed the hacker class is one of the ones that bothers me least.

It's more just the execution. Real life emo kids usually have actual problems so taking the micky by replicating comments about self harm is just pretty sad, the same goes for the "permanoob" class which is supposedly about the well meaning person who is not an experienced net user, ---- indeed having been one of these myself for quite some time I always have sympathy and try to help people with basic questions rather than seeing them as there to be laughed at.

Yes, trolls and s/xually promiscuous people who get a kick out of supposedly disturbing others or causing trouble exist, but simply building a game engine to replicate their behaviour in rpg attacks is to me just sad, rather than humourus (particularly sinse in reality such people rarely get to actuall y distroy forums).

I definitely think the game could! have been a lot of fun if it had writing that was a bit more sharp and witty rather than just riding that one trick "oooh look it's a game about internet sterriotypes pony" all the way through.

For example, imagine if it were more rpg like and the troll had a weapon called the flaming club of flaming expletives, or the permanood had a quest to find the missing any key.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector