Re: Right to die and quality of life

I believe that society plays up this so-called healthy living too far and goes way across the line when it comes to the way they deal with suicide or assisted suicide. My own view is, if someone, for whatever reason, makes the choice that they do not want to continue their existance on the same plane as the rest of us, they can choose to end their life so long as they put no one in danger in the doing of it. For instance buying a gun, or taking your own and discharging it in a heavily populated area, a city, a large apartment complex, a townhouse or duplex, etc. Now you have the separation of law and ethics, which to me is a difficult thing, because a lot of things that are law, I personally see as infringements of privacy. But there is a moral issue here when you leave someone behind, a wife, a child or children, especially children.If you have a child, regardless of the circumstances involved, I.E. it was an accident, unplanned, etc. You enter into a commitment to raise that chi ld, to impart socially acceptable values, to do your best for the child, both physically, and emotionally. So if someone with a child chooses to take their life, I find that to be reprehensible, even though I acknowledge that I support his choice to end his life, under the conditions, he has acted deplorably in that he has left a child behind and most likely caused that child severe psychological issues. So the natural conclusion here is yes, I do support the choice of someone who is infirm to choose to end their existance with dignity.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector