aikido!

For all who don't know, Aikido is a traditional martial art that is similar in some respects to judo, but probably about 10 times more complicated and broader in scope as Judo mostly deals with grappling, where aikido deals with both. The unique feature about Aikido in comparison to most martial arts is its emphasis on blending your movements with those of your opponent and using energy redirection, balance and footwork to displace an opponent rather than strictly using power to meet force with force. Of course, that's the very basics of it.. and it's much more complicated than that, but that's all I'm able to explain in verble words without going on a super long rant. I just started training in this style again after a 3 year break, and am loving it immensely. I think that for anyone who is visually impaired or totally blind, this martial art is one that everyone should try... because not only will it do the usual of building your confidence and growing y our mental discipline... but its emphasis on circles and footwork as well as spacing and awareness will do wonders for any person's orientation and mobility skills, especially those who have no vision. I figured since there were some people who had interested in martial arts on this forum, I would bring it up again for discussion... and I'm also curious. for any of the few of you that have trained in Aikido, are there any electronic resources you would recommend for study as someone with no vision, ebooks etc?