Re: 4chan for blind and visually inpaired?

Okay, I've refrained from posting in these kind of topics and will continue to do so in the future, but I can't restrain myself. I know I'm not a huge contributor to the forum and am not trying to flaunt my opinions but I feel I have to say something, for whatever it's worth. This is not intended as a personal attack on anyone, so please don't regard it as such.
I've hung out on this forum for over three years ([[wow]]! how time flies!) and for the most part I've felt that it's been very much worth my time. As stated earlier I don't participate in a whole lot of topics and often don't post for months, but whenever I have I've always felt welcome. There are quite a few people here who I've grown to respect and there have been some quite fascinating discussions over the years; it's nice to know there's a place I can generally count on getting several intelligent opinions about something, or just watch a threa d and usually come away feeling slightly more educated. I'm not a huge gamer and for the most part stay in the off-topic room,so perhaps this has been the case longer than I've thought, but in recent months there seem to be more and more... children, for lack of a better word, and I'm using that term in the most negative sense. Again I'm not pointing fingers and I am not referring to all teenagers on the forum; I myself am one. Lately I've seen more and more topics and posts that are unbelievably childish (let's not even touch the "hacking" issue,) and the trend seems to be continuing. I'm not necessarily speaking of drama, of which pretty much every internet community is bound to have to some degree, but general maturity and attitude in writing, things being blown ridiculously out of proportion, and some of the online activities that people engage in. Okay, since I'm going on a little rant already, I'll expand on that last one. Specifically, the damn audio skits. Seriously! What is so great about recording a speech synthesizer swearing incessantly for minutes on end (especially when insults are being directed at specific people) and then uploading them. It's not funny. It's just not. What always baffles me is how some people seem to think these are the most hilarious things in the world. Frankly, if you're laughing at most of this stuff (aside from laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of it) you've got a pretty fucked up sense of "humor." This is, to me, the ultimate example of people who have absolutely no life whatsoever. It's the most unproductive thing that can possibly be done, and what's even sadder is all the work that goes into them. Why not actually make something worthwhile? I mean c'mon people! Really! No words I could use would be sufficient to express my incredulity and disdain for this infantile behavior. I know those last few sentences were prett y childish in themselves and I apologize, but that's been waiting four years to come out. Anyway, as was pointed out in another topic this is not a "blind community" issue; equivalent behavior can be found all over the Internet (lolcats, I feel sick just writing that word). I find it pretty disturbing the way some peoples' lives seem to revolve totally around the net, especially considering the short time it's been around. This forum is one of the few places I've found that's relatively free from this kind of behavior, or has been until recently. Watching it devolve to the point where these topics are on the front page is pretty disheartening. I suppose there's not much to be done about it; as has been pointed out in the past harsh moderation usually creates more problems than it solves, and I think you guys (moderators) handle issues pretty well. So, in short, if you want to create a blind-exclusive 4chan, by all means, please do so, and take this childish behavior there. I'm sure it could be of use to researchers studying the levels to which human behavior can decay on the Internet. Might even steal that title from the original 4chan!
Again, I'm not trying to point fingers at specific people here, and no personal offense was intended. This is just my general opinion of the situation.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector