Re: pygame

Pygame has a flawed event handling system that one notices when they create the same thing in both pyglet and pygame.
I stopped making support for pygame in pyaudiogame and I am moving more to using a system like pyglet or panda3d, but I haven't made up my mind what one to really do yet. I have ported the major stuff to pyglet and I am porting to panda3d, then I will figure out what one is easier to distribute with the most power.
Currently for something like a basic board game pyaudiogame will be perfect. It just strips out all the junk out of pygame and gives you what you need. It does not have many helper functions and the documentation is rather slim, but if you already understand what a class is and how to use objects you should be fine using pyaudiogame in its current state. You can use pygame directly from pyaudiogame, so if there is functionality you want that isn't already in pyaudiogame, you can just type something like pyaudiogame.pygame or reimport pygame.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector