a question about facebook messenger on iOS

Hello,
I have updated my Facebook Messenger app to the latest version, from the first of July. However, the app devs thought it'd be a good idea to start just saying, thanks for using messenger, we'll update the app every two weeks, so basically not giving us any idea of what's fixed or added. Well, low and behold, when I go into a conversation and I see type a new message, if I keep flicking to the right, there is an unlabeled button that just says button, it turns out it is just to the right of type a new mesage, when sliding my finger around the screen as well. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what this new unlabeled button does.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Aaron