Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

For what it's worth, I just want everyone to know that accepting what I believe to be true as absolute truth hasn't been easy, not for me, and I'm sure that there are other Christians who would be able to say the same.  When I consider that homosexuality is called a sin by God and I have cousins who engage in it who could care less about God or his rules, I'm left with a paradox, a massive hole I myself cannot fill with anything, because the outcome seems horrendous.  I have cousins who are generous, who are caring, who are loving, who are kind hearted, who have never done a horrible thing to me in their life, and I'm supposed to accept that God might send them to hell because they don't care about him?  No, it's not easy.  No, it's not nice, and I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to look at it from that perspective.  From that perspective, God does indeed seem capricious, spiteful, tyrannical.  Eve n if we look at the story of Abraham and his son Isaac in the old testament, God seems like an uncaring, callous being who wants nothing more than to demonstrate his power and his ability to use it on the surface.  That surface, I believe, is where one makes a choice, to try and learn and discover and draw closer to God, or turn away.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector