Re: My view on audio games and a DFE announcement

Well to say that windows support of 3d and smooth reverb is down the drain would be inaccurate as there are libraries, not even hard ones in fact, that would do the job. Just look at Death Match Project Alpha, just one example of a game that could use 3d audio with the Free SL library. I'm not sure of all of the languages it can be used with, but I know two things: pure basic is one, and there are certainly others.
  As for windows dropping support for games, well if it does that then we're screwed in a since, at least until Microsoft makes their "X Box" compatible for blind accessible games. If and or when it does that, perhaps I'd invest in one and code for it, as I'm sure a lot! of the blind community would do.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector