Re: Luminals mission 8.

I do distinctly remember that my gofers did not die right away; I got rid of them because they were killing my trees at a horrifying rate, and brought them back after I had a stronger ecosystem.

I don't remember doing the "just buy the goal when you're rich" thing all that often. IIRC, I did it on the turtles because they're so frustrating, and might have done it with hawks at one point because I couldn't keep them from killing everything. But I usually did hte farming thing just to pay off the loan, then used hte resulting financial freedom to focus on better environmental support.
But I could be remembering incorrectly, and I'm a far worse moon-farmer than I think. I do remember buying batches of fish in an attempt to boost my ecosystem and earnings, without any expectation that they'd live long. ... Actually, I think that's because they tend to have huge boom/bust cycles that are worth a lot of money, and don't do muc h damage to land animals.