Re: Adventure To Fate : Future Apocalypse (upcoming iOS game)

Hey TouchMint:

I probably played the Battle Arena game for like 3-5 hours straight the other day while I was traveling for vacation. Nice work! I just wanted to provide some feedback / suggestions for the next release.

Screen Layout: I'm assuming you're going to use a similar screen layout for the next release, which involves windows laying on top of one another. If possible, I was wondering if you could make it so that the different screens could be independent of one another...it makes navigating a hell of a lot easier. It's tolerable now, don't get me wrong, but I think it'd be a lot easier to learn if things like the map/travel screen, combat screen, and battle selector were separate instead of layered.

Button Feedback: Lots of menu buttons, particularly the ones in the player menu that has inventory, crafts, skillbook, etc, seem to have a named button and then an actual button you hit. Would it be possible in the next release to just have a single button? For example, when I see crafts button, I can swipe right and then there's another crafts button. The one to the right is the actual button, whereas the one to the left is just a label or placeholder? I'm not sure exactly what happened there.

Movement: In the current game, you can't actually tell where your character is standing via a label. I just tap different locations until I hear the footstep, and then I know the player's location. Would it be possible to have the space where your player is standing labeled? It's not necessary, but it would definitely make learning the game easier for other people who have asked about the movement functionality in the other thread.

Mob Health: Sometimes when I kill a mob, the mob next to it just says "<name of mob> dead" instead of listing the next mob's HP percentage. I think this has already been reported but I thought I'd list it here anyways just in case.

This is what immediately comes to mind in terms of accessibility. Please don't take this as a level of harsh criticism or ungratefulness for the changes you've made so far; the game is definitely more playable now than it was previously. Since this is a new game though, I thought maybe some of the structural concepts could be built to be inherently more accessible from its conception.

On another note, thanks so much for the first game, it's probably one of the most unforgiving turn-based strategy games I've played for the iphone. It requires a lot more thinking and is definitely not something you can just grind through. Rewards for never dying through an arena, playing multiple characters and item sharing through the vault, and other incentives in-game give this a decent amount of replay value, and I'm excited to see what comes next.