Re: miriani mud

@Dentin, That wil be a nice crimble present  indeed big_smile.

I've always wanted a space game that is all about the exploring, but unfortunately all the ones I've seen are heavily into the pvp for some reason, both browser based and otherwise. There are a few exceptions, but they're rare and they don't usually give that feeling of guiding your ship and crew around a huge universe just seeing what you can find, dealing with all the accompanying problems external and internal, but out to explore space not to blow up fellow captains.

I  actually have a similar issue with a lot of the colony building games (even aforesaid wayfare1444), sinse basically everything is just about static number crunching, the alien planets are just "this produces x units of iron ore, x units of crystal and so much energy per tick" and your population are jus t a static number. No where is the sense of being on an alient world with alient creatures, or of any of the things you'd really need to dynamically manage in a colony, like your miners going on strike for having a boring job, or the rain getting into your food stores, or your electronics crashing or a sandworm swallowing your favourite smelting plant big_smile.

I know Stellar Aeon at the moment is all about managing the ships not the colonies, but this probably shows why I'm excited, sinse exploration based gameplay and gameplay based on judgement is much more what I'd love from the experience of a space game than just minimax and pound away.

@Cw, Promethius has it's moments, especially the lack of pvp, though I admit I've not played as much of the game particularly lately. The two things that make me a wee bit reluctant about the game are firstly that there are places the writing feels a little patchy, including areas of unfinished description, and secondly that some of the activities you have to do feel a bit feel as if there should be a bit more background as to why things are done that way. For example, I'm certainly not against a planet of hunting and horse riding in a space setting, but I'd prefer to know exactly why, ---- is it a low tech civilization so people have to blend in with the locals? Just saying "It's a hunting lodge and there for fun" doesn't quite give the sense of immertion for me.
I admit though, there are many parts of promethius I've not seen, and of course additions are made constantly so it is entirely possible things have improved here, indeed I already know there are more activities than when I last playyed.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector