Re: aikido!

Gotta disagree with opening yourself to the holy spirit and chi being similar. The holy spirit comes to dwell in us when we accept the gift of Jesus and his sacrifice, and is a very personal being whereas Chi is not a personal being, merely an impersonal force. And chi is also a buddhist or at least taoist idea, because Buddhists do talk about positive energy and the like. The issue with this is that all of them have become so blended it's hard to tell who borrowed from where, but Chi is definitely something that fits into buddhism.
Lastly, as to enlightenment and personal salvation through works, the Bible is clear that salvation is by faith alone and not of works. Good works are the result of being saved, not in a desire to be saved. And some Christians, thugh not necessarily myself, might arge that Aikido doesn't necessarily teach us to be like Jesus... at least, not in one respect and that is to love God with all your heart, soul and strength as Jesus did as a h uman. I'm not trying to persuade anyone either, this is just a good discussion to have. I've seen good solid cases built against Aikido and other martial arts, and I've seen good ones supporting them.