Re: starting guide dog training.

That's cool man! From what I've heard, a guide dog will make a big difference for the better in your life.

I'm thinking about getting a guide dog myself, but I suspect I'll need to retake and improve my mobility training first. I don't think the place I went to for my original training did a very good job, as I've been told that if I'd been properly trained, I'd have no trouble crossing streets and intersections I refuse to attempt to cross now. I'm pretty sure it's the same world wide, but here in the US, they do require you be mobility proficient before you can get a guide dog. I can get around, but am very afraid of streets busier than a quiet residential street. And don't like going near them, much less attempting to cross them.

Plus, being single and having no children, nor ever having any pets, I've never had to care for someone or an animal before, so I'd first want to make sure I can provide a goo d home for the dog before I take on that responsibility.