Re: Immersion: is it possible in an audio game?

I found Swamp pretty immersive, before the range of speeds got distracting. I kinda forgot how well that worked until I found a copy of an old campaign client where it actually felt like I was running without having to deal with leveling.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, here, but I've found Swamp's soundscaping much, much more immersive than the games that try to do 3D sound. I think it's a mix of the uncanny valley with poor navigability--I don't care how high quality your HRTF and such are if I'm lost in vector land.
That has always been my principal for video games--I don't care about hte realism so much as my ability to actually get into it. And, somehow, this seems to apply to Audio Games, too.
... And, just as with video games, I seem to be in the minority in this regard. Boo. sad