Re: Swamp, zombie FPS by Aprone

Kyleman, for the most part only a small percentage of players have had inventory issues, yet those same poor people continue to have issues version after version.  The specific details will change with each update, but it is generally the same group having odd inventory spread out over the past year.  I know 99% of players don't believe me, but I do want to blame the individual computers.  It would explain why it is only a small group, and why nothing I change over all these updates seems to really solve the issue.

Braillemaster, sorry to hear about your character death.  sad  The sound issues you're having are ones I've heard from a few other players as well, and when working on that problem I still can't find anything that solves it.  It is entirely possible that it's something with your sound card or your specific computer.  ; As above, 99% of players hate when I shift blame off of Swamp, but I don't think you're actually dealing with a Swamp bug.  As always, I will keep my eyes open for anything in code that could be causing those issues though.

The gifts are totally random so it was just bad luck on your part and good luck for the people you gave gifts to, haha.  The crashing client is something I'm still investigating.  It is a left over bug from the 3.5 patch that had broken a few quest and donation related things.  Those were on my list of things to fix in 3.6 before it went live, and I hadn't gotten to them yet.

Your missing Crossbow and Epaulettes, and the armor not being put on, both sound like an issue with the client receiving your inventory data.  With the new way the server was coded a few versions ago, individual items can't be lost like they were a very long time ago.  It is all stored as a single chunk of data that can 9;t be split up.  When your client is sent this data, any error on your end could chop off part of the data chunk and seem like lost items, even though on the server you still have them.  I figured this out after I tried to send people replacement items in 3.5, because they still generally wouldn't show up or they'd vanish in a few days again.

I'm still trying to figure out what specifically is going wrong on the clients for you and the other 9 or 10 players who seem to be having this issue.  It's a small enough number that I'm no longer considering it a normal bug.  It must somehow be affected by computer regional/language settings, internet security settings, internet speeds, or some other factor that makes you guys different from the other 600+ players.  Eventually I think I'll figure out what it is, and then I can work around it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lvj via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lvj via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : braillemaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : braillemaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : braillemaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : braillemaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector