Re: windows 10

Hi GreenGablesFfan.

First, you need to set up Cortana.

Do this with these steps:
1. Go to the start menu and write Cortana in the edit box.
2. Tab around until you hear, list: home. arrow down until you hear notebook, and press enter. After that, you need to tab around again, I can't remember what it says but it will say something like set up, hey cortana, button, press enter on that and tab around and you should get to a button that allows you to set up your microphone.

Note: NVDA numpad six is a great thing to use hear if you're using NVDA to read the words you need to say to get Cortana to recognize your voice. Once that's all set up, you should be able to say, hey Cortana,  and straight away after ask your question. For example; hey cortana, what's the weather like today.

You should also be able to use windows C to talk to Cortana as well.

As for setting up an alarm, simple ask cortana to, set alarm, or set up an alarm, then cortana will ask you for the time of the alarm, tell her the time you want it set for and you're done!

To stop the alarm from playing press windows A. to bring up the action center window.

I hope this helps and if not, please tell me where you're having issues and I'll try to help. i've managed to set cortana up with no problems and I'm using NVDA.