Re: The train Simulator. By Nathan Tech!

No, it isn't, although I was quite frustrated until a friend explained it to me.
So you tap the up arrow. When the sound starts, hold the up arrow down. There's a big gap of silence, but eventually, you'll hear the train start to move. After far too long, in my opinion, you'll hear the Espeak voice say something like maximum acceleration reached. At that point, you can let go of the arrow.

Which brings me to my own suggestions.
I really think that it would reduce a lot of frustration if the train acceleration sound played immediately. If there is dead silence, how are we supposed to know to keep holding the arrow down?
Secondly, I think it would be cool if you could hear stations approaching, so that you're not just stopping randomly whenever you feel like it. In this way, it could be much more realistic. When you get to the station, people will file off and on, and if you don't give them enough time to get off, or miss their stop entirely, they could get very angry.
In addition, you should also be able to leave passengers behind on the platforms, and of course suffer their wrath.
One other minor improvement I would like to suggest would be the ability to have a whistle. This is an essential feature of a train, and it would be really cool, although not strictly necessary, if there were different sounds for them. You know, like bells and whistles of different types of trains, such as the old style steam engines and so on, and you could select what kind of train you would like to drive before you begin.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Bogdan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector