Re: Some questions about iOS

Still using the same card with my Sansa and have no problems, so doubt the card had much if anything to do with it. I think it might be more my perception than anything; I'm used to having items announced instantly and quickly with Rockbox so the delay was pretty noticeable, and I'm pretty impatient in general when it comes to response time. I think simply arrowing through lists should in most cases elicit a near instantaneous response on most devices, and a delay for more than a quarter of a second or so on a portable music player is going to drive me insane. I'll usually have a 32gb card in a Sansa for music as well as the stuff that's on the internal memory, and it usually gets filled up pretty quickly, which is when the tag scanning comes in handy. The startup time was also pretty long, don't know what that was about either. Ah well, looks like I'll finally be getting my refund for the Victor in a few days. I've got a lot of music as well, I just don't see any need to organize it beyond the standard artist/album structure and I generally only have one or two books on my Sansa at any given time, so it might just be a different use case. Btw, it isn't necessary to run down lithium ion batteries as if was with older rechargeables, and might actually slightly reduce their lifespan as being drained can put a strain on the cells, though I'm sure almost all devices that use them would shut down before it got to that point.
Funnily enough my bank is pretty weird as well. About 2 years ago we were switched out of the blue from our previous one, Bank of America, because they sold off some of their branches and force-switched a bunch of customers in the process, which I still find hard to believe is legal. Not many people have heard of the one we're using now, and I've yet to find an ATM for them outside of my hometown, though I'm sure there are probably some in larger cities. Luckily the one in town talks, though I still don't really know where it is either since I live 3 miles out of town. I'm wondering how long it will be before I get switched to the Bank of the Borg Collective big_smile.