Re: Pole, would you install a program in d?

Well it depends.
I do have a couple computers with d drives.
The issue is when you reformat you loose your registry I am not sure how easy it would be to link to your user account if it was stored on the d drive.
Usually I load everything to my c drive, but the d drive is used for system images, backups, etc.
On this laptop while a fair amount of stuff is on my c drive sfx and a few books etc are on the external drivve.
My c drive is a traditional hard drive as I wanted to carry round a bit of music and stuff not rely heavily on my external, I use both  drives I have one for working on and one for backups and another semi mangled one has some backups on it as well however to be honest I don't know.
The other systems that I have here have at least a d drive one of them has its user account linked to it.
the other has all programs on c and all backups on d.
However all have at least 1 backup portable drive and one has 2 backup drivve s and I maintain bits and bobs on other drives.
I wouldn't want to be forced to load everything on d though.
For me the external drivves are slightly slower than internals but then I have only one usb3 drive the rest of drives are all usb2 and they are a bit slower.
The only time I use anything close to ssds is to transport updates from one system to another and or to transfer files from others to me and vice vversa.