Re: Triple Triad - A tile collecting puzzle game, by Aprone

I've never played King of dragon pass, but from the description  it might not be quite what I meant about faith in a game.  Now I'm only taking a guess, because I might be totally misunderstanding how Kodp handles it.

I've played quite a few mainstream games where your people must pray, sacrifice, or complete quests with the goal of pleasing the in-game gods.  Even though some of those games rely heavily on that sort of concept, I don't consider those to be examples of a developer capturing faith in a bottle.  As an example, if a game's story tells me that my character is afraid to venture down a certain dark alleyway, I can accept that for being the reason the game won't let me go down it, but it isn't that I'm actually afraid in real life as I play the game.  Along those same lines, if one of those mainstream games requires me to periodically sacrifice humans to the god Bubba, to gain favor with it, that does n't make me feel any sort of real life beliefs.  I don't have to believe that Bubba exists in the game or not... it's just a game mechanic meant to be accepted.  There would be no reason to make the decision to doubt or believe in its existence within the game's universe.

In Paw Prints I'm trying to make people genuinely form a belief about which of the religion settings is true.  I think this is only possible because the game has 4 options and lets you know that only 1 is true.  I can tell I'm not getting my thoughts written out how I want, but I'm not quite sure how.  Oh well, I shouldn't stress over it since this whole reply is based on a guess about how King of dragon pass works (which I've never played).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector