Re: Audio HUD for Unity Game Engine

hey thanks for the replies, I didn't get any notification that you made the replies, but we do have a localTTS done in C# from recordings of me saying numbers etc... just debugging why it went silent today while preparing na new release. so I'm really sorry I never picked up these responses sooner.

so here is what we did. in simple terms

0. recorded a load of spoken numbers, hundred, thousand etc (there aren't that many)
1. convert number to words algorithm / method / function (choose your semantic)
2. used unity's audio file player by passing a list / array of words to it...

should have said this is for Mobile so need to support iOS, Android and other later... hence native TTS was always going to befuddle.

lots more news to share, lesson was sometimes limitations lead to really good stuff... but we are going to get some folks with more entertaining voices to improve our talking ship's computer for sure!

big thanks for these pointers!.. now this time I better subscribe to the topic! wonder what made me think that was automatic. doh!