Re: Is learning visual basic worth it?

Hi Severestormsteve.
That is visual basic script not visual basic .net. Visual basic .net you download when you download a version of visual studio that you want. I don't know much about _vbscript_ but imagine it's something like applescript so I wouldn't think it would be good for audio games.
I don't know who you've been talking to but it's obviously somebody who knows nothing about python. I'm not going to list any libraries because tward pretty much got them all, at least all the python gaming libraries I know of.
Pygame is very buggy indeed but it's still easy to play and position sounds create menus stuff like that. I like pyglet I used to use that all the time when I did programming. It's great for creating menus and sub menus do timed events and a whole lot more. The only really disappointing thing is that the developer is abandoning pyglet so it probably won't be up to date for much longer.
Hth.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Alan via Audiogames-reflector