Re: Is it possible to completely control the files on my computer?

Hi,
At the original poster, you might have a look at this.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- … -in-vista/

It allows you to take ownership of folders, although obviously I would be careful of where you use it and how often. But it should work nicely for what you want to do.

As for turning UAC off being a security risk, I think that any serious malware knows how to circumvent UAC. It's a rudimentary defense. Hell, some malware even gets past top-rated antivirus solutions.