Re: Learning Programming, Where Shall I Begin?

Hello,

Well, I downloaded BGT last night and read through a few sections of the language tutorial. I was definitely feeling my cerebral cortex strain as it attempted to wrap around the concepts. I understood printing text on the screen (I think I got that far last time I tried to learn programming), but variables are tricky! Is it just me or is the tutorial a bit wordy and confusing? I understood that string variables were not necessarily numerical e.g. your_name, fruit_basket, etc, and integers were whole numbers, while floating variables allowed for decimals, but all the coding examples were a bit confusing to go through with JAWS. Maybe I'd better slow down the speech and set it to read all punctuation marks. Or, perhaps there's a way to get this tutorial embossed in Braille. Any ideas?

Steve, you were right. I think it's going to take me a year at the very least, and that's probably for the version of Pig I want to release, never mind th e other ideas rattling around in my head. big_smile

Best Regards,

Tiffany Kim