Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

@Mata, it was something I considered earlier on in the inventory system development but never ended up doing, I should probably work on adding it in the future

@Soul Keeper, that's more or less what I was going for with sub-regions such as nomans / dead / ect but I would love to add a further layer to them in the future, I like the volcano idea, its something specific to one region type, and could lead to further varied regions Dead Toxic Crater, Noman's Volcano, Bombed Titan City-Ruins, Scorched Stormy Desert, Dead Drought Desert ect

@Dark, Well nothing's finalised yet but I hadn't considered looking at monster generation again atm, It needs to feel challenging outside of level 1-3 regions to make the player feel more fearful of them and make the will to escape or survive more powerful, as for the generator tweak that's not a bad idea, may consider some kind of perk or special item that allows for low level regions, that said there is a perk t hat drops the region level upon entry that you may like (joyous presence)

What I've got planned for factions at the moment might end up being more ambitious than what ive got planned for towns, more than I can even explain but I'd be happy to share my notes on factions if you'd like to see them

Surrendering was half-assedly added in an update that I never got around to actually coding it, it will be complex and will allow the player to become a slave with a wide variety, from slave fighter to cult sacrifice, and you may not be able to escape

I really enjoy books personally, like in the elder scrolls games I feel having an item in game which can have the same practical use as its real world variant is awesome, but of course it's not for everyone smile there are books on vials though and also soon to be books on other important topics that will make them u seful

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector